Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Limbo

I'm neither the full or the hungry.
I am the satisfied.

I'm not dingy nor am I the sharpest in wits.
I just get lucky when people think I'm funny.

I am neither jealous of your fortune nor happy for your fame.
I just don't like you.

I am neither the formal nor the casual but I still wear the dress.
I am the mediocre.

I am not paying the bills nor am I feeding the starving children in Africa.
I go to the mall.

I am neither vacationing in Spain, nor in Destin for spring break.
I chill at home and watch those who do.

I am neither the dropout nor the master degree holder.
I am the broke college student.

1 comment:

  1. This poem seems like a riddle.

    My favorite line is "I am neither the formal nor the casual but I still wear the dress" because the image of the dress can be both casual and/or formal, a sort of median, although I wouldn't call it mediocre.

    ReplyDelete