Monday, February 14, 2011

On Working Saturday Night Weddings

Remember to clock in. You want to get paid, remember? And keep busy.
Desserts and sauces are messy but I must keep busy. Making coffee and butterflying shrimp are my safe havens. You're quiet, no one bothers you, but you're still busy. Let the others fool with plating the finger sandwiches and crab salad.

I'm still tired form the last wedding yet here they come. They're also 45 minutes late. I hope the coordinator doesn't let them have extra time.

The doorman hears to police sirens. Here they come. There's the "beautiful" bridezilla and the poor bastard attached to her until he opts for divorce or decides to commit suicide.
We clap while the guests complain about how cold it is. They're loud, hungry, obnoxious, bad joke-telling, non-tipping people but I have to accomadate them for tonight. I'm a Cast Member.

No comments:

Post a Comment